If you ask ladies what part of womanhood they would rather live without, menstruation will be the most popular answer. Reasons are going to be highlighted as you read on.
WHAT IS MENSTRUATION?
According to Wikipedia, menstruation is the regular discharge of blood and mucosal tissues from the inner lining of the uterus through the vagina. It is also known as Period.
Girls begin to see their period from the age of 12. However, some see theirs at an early age of 8. Menstruation is a passage that leads young girls into womanhood. That is, until a female sees her period, she wouldn’t be able to get pregnant. In some families, this is the moment they introduce “THE TALK” to their young girls.
As exciting as this may seem, it comes with lots of discomfort if I do say so myself. I think it is safe to say that menstruation loves a GRAND APPEARANCE. No jokes there. I’m going to be sharing some of the symptoms below.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF MENSTRUATION.
• lower back pain.
• swollen /tender breast.
• Mood changes.
• cramps ( caused by muscle contractions of the uterus).
• sugar cravings.
• increased appetite.
• lack of appetite.
• difficulty concentrating.
• total discomfort.
• enhanced sense of smell.
• raging hormones.
About 85% of women report some emotional and physical changes around the time their period occurs.
Know that these symptoms vary among women and of all symptoms, menstrual cramps tends to be the most common among young girls. It has been recorded that mothers tend to experience less or no menstrual cramps. So until you’re a mother, you’re going to need these few tips.
HOW TO RELIEVE MENSTRUAL PAIN.
• Use a heating pad. If you don’t have one, get a napkin, make it a bit wet, put it in the microwave for nothing more than one minute then place it on your belly.
• Get busy. If you stay curled up on your bed, it will increase the pain as your mind will be focused on it.
• Ensure you eat. You don’t want to add hunger to your cramps.
• Get a massage if you can. It helps a lot.
• Lie on a cold floor. I can attest to this one. It works magic.
• Use a pain relieve drug.
Do you find this article helpful? Do let me know in the comment section.